Homes For Sale Fredericksburg, and Stafford VA With Home Office Space
Find All Homes With Space For Home Office, Find Homes Map View
Find out if your office has increased the value of your home?
See Today Call 540-834-6924
Homes For Sale Fredericksburg, and Stafford VA With Home Office Space $150,000 - $250,000
Homes For Sale Fredericksburg, and Stafford VA With Home Office Space $250,000 - $450,000
So you work at home in Fredericksburg? Good for you. But all you have for an office is a closet-sized space that you dread going into. No matter how little space you have, there are ways to save space and spruce up your work area so that it’s a place you enjoy spending your day in. According to 360 ezine, a small workstation can work just as well as a larger one. Their space-saving tips include:
Even if you’re the only one spending time in your home office, Psychology Today reports that the décor says something about you:
- Plants and foliage: Well-tended plants hint at a person who intends to stick around.
- Post-it notes: A deluge indicates a person who feels in over his or her head.
- Time and time again: Task-oriented people tend to be conscious of the time and often have a timepiece on hand. Clock lovers are usually thorough and hardworking.
- Family photographs: Psychologists haven't reached a consensus on this one, with some saying family photos are a status symbol and others maintaining they're displayed out of guilt from too much time spent in the office or to genuinely remind one of the beloved family members. How they're displayed could provide clues.
- If they're facing visitors, they could be for show. If oriented toward the person, motivations are more personal.
- Motivation plaques, posters, etc.: This indicates engagement in the job and a desire to stay motivated.
- Posters of famous people or historical figures: Hints at values and aspirations.
- Neatness: We may try to mask untidiness by dumping items in drawers but psychologists assert that this personality trait is very resistant to change. "No matter how hard people try to clean up, usually they can never fully hide their true nature." A spick-and-span work area suggests a neat and organized individual.
- Just bare: Empty workspaces hint at a person with little status in the company and who likely is not committed to his or her job.
Before you redecorate your home office think about things that make you happy!
Add Your Own Personal Touch Make It Your Happy Place
You don’t need to spend a pile of cash to personalize your workspace. There are small touches you can add that cost very little. Why not add:
A colorful mouse pad that reflects one of your interests
Scenic, motivational or hobby calendars
Personal photos in colorful, unique frames
Little touches like motivational pencils (yes, pencils) or other small items that give you a mental boost when you use them
Courtesy Pam Martin, 540-834-6924
Top eXp Realtor Fredericksburg, Stafford VA
Keller Williams Realty Fredericksburg, Stafford VA